SAMURAI OF PROG
(featuring Marco Grieco) Anthem To The Phoenix Star
- Order number: 35773
- Band/Artist: SAMURAI OF PROG
- Format: CD
- Genre: PROGRESSIVE
- Erscheinungsdatum: 07.10.2022
"Anthem To The Phoenix Star" is an exciting musical journey that explores and develops the most representative styles of progressive rock music that from the 70s has come down to us, rising several times from its ashes.
A whole hour of addictive progressive music, entirely composed by the Italian composer and multi-instrumentalist Marco Grieco and interpreted by the "Samurai" Marco Bernard (Bass) and Kimmo Pörsti (Drums), by the same Grieco (Keyboards, guitars, other) and by a fantastic "crew" consists of some of the best international progressive musicians (see list below).
It is an album/trip that explores endless sonic dimensions in which the "spaceship" with the unstoppable and virtuous propulsion of the bass-&-drums Bernard and Pörsti "engine", travels on the "sidereal routes" traced in the wake of the intense and pressing keyboard progressions of Grieco, in a dreamlike succession of "tricks" and "twists" adrenaline music.
The lyrics of "Anthem to the Phoenix Star" (written by Marco Grieco with the exception of "Bones", written by Daphne Grieco) explore the opportunity to be reborn from its ashes before these same ashes constitute the only inert and eternal testament of mankind. They do so by embarking on an allegorical journey through our galaxy and, at the same time, into the rather common life of a woman who is special and unique precisely because of her ordinary existence and her daily heroism (all told in a special and compelling "Logbook" in the booklet).
"Anthem to the Phoenix Star" is a choral hymn to rebirth, the obstinacy of never giving in, to look humbly at the past to build, with courage, a better future.
Before it’s too late.
01. Anthem To The Phoenix Star
02. Burning Silence
03. Killing Hopes
05. Don‘t Be Afraid
07. Behind The Curtain
- Marco Bernard / Shuker basses
- Marco Grieco / keyboards, acoustic and electric guitars, ukulele, backing vocals
- Kimmo Pörsti / drums & percussion
- Ruben Alvarez / electric guitar
–Marek Arnold / alto and soprano saxes
- Beatrice Birardi / xylophone
- Cam Blokland / electric guitar
- Bruce Botts / electric guitar
- Carmine Capasso / electric guitar
- Yogi Lang / vocals
- Juhani Nisula / acoustic and electric guitars
–Clive Nolan / vocals
- Rafael Pacha / acoustic and classical guitars, Uillean pipes, recorder
–Bart Schwertmann / vocals
- Luke Shingler / flute
- Marcel Singor / electric guitar
- Olivia Sparnenn-Josh / vocals
- Massimo Sposaro / acoustic guitar
- Sara Traficante / flute
- Steve Unruh / violin and flute
- John Wilkinson / vocals