Argus: 50th Anniversary Deluxe Box
- Artikelnummer 36895
- Format: Boxset, CD
- Genre: HARDROCK
- Erscheinungsdatum: 14.04.2023
WISHBONE ASH – "Argus" – 50th Anniversary Box Set
Zum 50jährigen Jubiläum von Wishbone Ash`s legendärem Album ARGUS erscheint ein multi-format Box Set
• 3 CDs: Martin Turners Argus remastered, Live at The Alexandra Palace 1973 & Memphis 1972. Dazu 4 bisher unveröffentlichte frühe Demoversionen.
• 2 LPs: Original remasterte Argus Neuauflage und Argus Live in gelbem Vinyl (ausgewählte Aufnahmen aus Alexandra Palace & Memphis)
• DVD: Filmmaterial aus dem französischen/Schweizer Fernsehen, Live aus dem Rainbow 1973 & RTS Broadcast von 1974. Rote Vinyl Single "Blowin`Free".
• ein 48 Seiten starkes Buch mit seltenen Fotos und ausführlichen Liner Notes unter Mitwirkung von Andy Powell, Mike Turner & Steve Upton.
• numerierte Echtheitsbestätigung
50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Wishbone Ash celebrate the 50th anniversary of their classic album Argus with a new 7-Disc multi-format Box Set. Featuring a 48-page book with rare photographs and extensive liner notes with contributions from Andy Powell, Martin Turner & Steve Upton.
• 3 CDs: Martin Turner’s Argus remaster, Live at The Alexandra Palace 1973 & Memphis 1972. Also features 4 previously unreleased early version demos.
• 2 LPs: Original Argus replica, remastered for this release Argus Live (selected recordings from Alexandra Palace & Memphis).
• DVD: French & Swiss TV footage, Live from the Rainbow 1973 & RTS Broadcast from 1974.
• 7” Single of ‘Blowin’ Free’.
Wishbone Ash achieved considerable success in the 1970s, during which they were among England‘s most popular hard rock acts, achieving an incredible eight top 40 albums. Often regarded as one of the premiere UK live acts of the ’70s, they toured throughout this period and into the following decades.
1972 was one of rock music’s most memorable years for regal releases – a golden age of classic albums – Exile on Main Street, Machine Head, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, All the Young Dudes, Roxy Music, Can’t Buy a Thrill, Sailin’ Shoes, Foxtrot, Demons and Wizards, Transformer and Barnstorm – by rock royalty – The Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Davie Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Roxy Music, Steely Dan, Little Feat, Genesis, Uriah Heep, Lou Reed and Joe Walsh.
Not least among these amazing artists and records was Wishbone Ash – and their award-winning ‘Album of the Year’ – Argus.
Undoubtedly the classic album within the bands’ ‘70s cannon. Argus is not only the biggest selling album of their career, featuring the beloved fan-favourite ‘Blowin’ Free’, but full of memorable and timeless tunes such as ‘The King Will Come’, ‘Time Was’, ‘Warrior’ and ‘Throw Down The Sword’. Featuring a heady blend of prog rock, folk and hard rock, it’s widely considered a vital moment in the progression of twin-lead guitar harmonisation.
Madfish are now proud to present the most complete edition of this album to date. Argus is available here on LP and CD, plus two live albums from Alexandra Palace, 1973 and Memphis, 1972, available in full on CD and in select parts on yellow vinyl LP, an exclusive red vinyl 7" of fan favourite ‘Blowin‘ Free‘ plus Rare TV footage from France and Switzerland is found on a DVD disc and a 48-page book with rare photographs, extensive liner notes and contributions from original band members forms the centre point to this magnificent package.
As they reigned supreme through the ‘70s, Wishbone Ash was centred on inspired musicianship, joyful spirit and inventive songs. Their concerts were uplifting and their recorded work sublime. Argus remains a stunning highpoint